Internet marketing consultant
If you have been searching the Internet looking for an Internet marketing consultant then it is probably because you are disappointed with the performance of your own website. You have probably owned a website for many months or even many years and you are frustrated that the search engines are simply not sending traffic to your site! Why?
Our internet marketing consultants have been working in sales and marketing for almost 30 years, and working in Internet marketing for the past 11 years.
Internet Marketing is just about 'keywords' isnt it?
- In the early years of the Internet it was relatively easy to gain visibility with the search engines – all you had to do was design and launch a website.
- Then the Internet became much more competitive and "search engine optimisation" was born. Originally, this simply meant that keywords needed to be sprinkled in sufficient depth across the website.
- Now, the process has become much more complicated. It is now estimated that between 200 and 300 factors are taken into account when search engine decides to rank a certain web page for a certain keyword.
As Internet marketing consultants, we have seen and experienced directly this changing world and as such we can help you with the marketing of your business website.
Why do many websites fail?
The biggest problem we continually come across from prospective clients is the situation where their website had far too greater emphasis on graphical design rather than on solid methodical marketing principles. Too many websites are constructed as if they are online advertising brochures. Our experience is that these sites largely fail with the search engines.
The search engines do not care about you, or your business, or your business website. The search engines are looking for quality information that it can deliver to its customers - search engine users. So unless your website is delivering to the search engine useful information then the search engine is likely to ignore it. No amount of graphic design will change the opinion of the search engine.
So a common task for our consultants could be "how can we add much more relevant quality content to the website without cluttering it?" This is where an Internet marketing consultant with broader experience of marketing strategy and marketing tactics can help to produce radically improved results.
You need to remember.
- If you are advertising with Google (or any other search engine) via their pay per click services, then you have a right to expect that service to be delivered. Thus, if you are willing to pay for top rankings in Google, then Google must deliver those top rankings.
- However, for search engine organic rankings you have made no such contract. Google has made it quite clear it requires original quality content if it is to consider your page worthy of consideration. If you do not supply that original quality content, then you will not get good rankings.