I have worked for almost 20 years for a selection
of blue-chip organisations and have demonstrated a record of achievement in
delivering profitable growth in a wide range of products & services to the
- Increased gross margin of Brand A by 40% over budget by redefining the brand's USP, repackaging the brand and working with sales and trade marketing to revise the heavy discounting strategy.
- Through competitor analysis, developed a superiority claim and bolder proposition for Brand B which stemmed several years of sales decline and then grew sales by 8% in the first year.
- Pioneered the adoption of PR strategies and sampling tactics as a major proactive communication vehicle. e.g. achieved £385k value of media coverage for a spend of £10k ( Brand C).
- Developed marketing strategies turning Brand D 60% ( and declining ) market share into 95% market share within 18 months; tripled sales and doubled profits in four years.
- Launched to 500+ engineer 'salesforce' the ACPO Campaign; acclaimed as "the best launch we've ever had". Delivered pre-tax profits of ca £0.75 million.
- Developed specific brand strategies, presenting them to and steering them through the Board, and gaining Board commitment. Overachieved budgeted sales by 5.3%.
- Initiated, with packaging department, a new approach to pack design which saved ca 5% on print costs (£80k).
- Developed and implemented a total "repackaging exercise" for a small Bournemouth hotel; including the dramatic increase in prices by as much as 60 percent. Reversed the sales decline and increased the profitability as a consequence.
- Put together a marketing plan involving the development of a new sourcce of sales leads for the sales force, a "Yellow Pages ® " strategy, a PR campaign, and the production of over 100 pieces of promotional material - all within 9 months.
- Put together web site for dorset artist - producing enquiries from as far afield as South America.
Designed and/or optimised a number of web sites for
submission to search engines. Examples are:
sites being developed: